You have most likely heard the expression ‘it’s never too late…’
In this case, it’s never too early! If you are in high school or early college and interested in a cybersecurity career, this 5-day camp is perfect for you!
This summer program is designed to expose the fundamentals of cybersecurity to rising Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors in High School. There will be a wide variety of topics that will be covered; from the basics of common computer and network services all the way to network defense and exploitation.
Students will also be exposed to some of the most common industry tools through engaging discussions and lots of hands-on lessons.
We will also:
- Cover the powerful tools used by both attackers and defenders.
- Provide insight into how cyber attackers think, strategize and execute hacks.
- Explore common attack techniques and how to defend against them.
- Encourage interpersonal skills through personal and group presentations.
- Provide tasks and challenges to keep your student engaged for the entire summer.
Who Should Attend
We understand that as high schoolers, you may not have had real hands-on experience in cybersecurity. Because of this very reason, we have created this program to be an interactive learning environment to enhance your skills!
We foster a fun, collaborative and open environment where trial and error is embraced, failures are utilized as learning tools, and creative thinking is encouraged!
For those with little or no experience, this is a great first step in your cybersecurity career!
Agenda – Day 1
- Home Lab Setup
- Passive Information Gathering
- Windows & Linux OS Familiarization
- Common Services, Threats & Attacks
Agenda – Day 2
- Wireless Testing
- Active Information Gathering
- Vulnerability Identification & Analysis
- IPv6 Overview
Agenda – Day 3
- Wireshark Fundamentals
- The Metasploit Framework
- Post Exploitation
Agenda – Day 4
- Windows Forensics
- IDS / IPS Tools
- Incident Handling & Response
- Threat Hunting
Agenda – Day 5
- Tools of the Trade
- Capture the Flag (CTF)