Ever wondered what it is like to be on the front line of defense in the Cybersecurity industry? If so, you may be interested in becoming a Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst.
SOC Analysts are highly sought-after individuals, who identify compromised machines and malicious actors. These individuals utilize defensive security skills and techniques that are commonly used in the industry, while working to mitigate any damages that may have occurred.
In this training, participants will oversee a network that is currently under attack. They will be taught various strategies to help defend against several attack scenarios. A few of the tools and technologies that participants will explore includes Security Onion, Wireshark, Splunk and Nessus. By no means is the course and its objectives all encompassing. As a participant, it is highly recommended that you perform additional research and self-study to continue and maintain your established knowledge and toolkit.
The provided content is listed below as a guide for the course and is subject to change. We appreciate your support and hope that you enjoy the training. We look forward to your participation and feedback as well.
If you have any additional questions outside of the FAQs, please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you.
The course is tailored to the four primary exam objectives for the CompTIA CySA+ Certification which are:
- Threat Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Cyber Incident Response
- Security Architecture and Tool Sets
Note: This is NOT an official CompTIA Training but preparation for real world scenarios as a cybersecurity analyst and the CySA+ certification exam. Various tools, techniques and procedures will be covered thus those listed are just examples and are not limited to only those, as material is subject to change.
Agenda – Day 1
- SOC Analyst Fundamentals
- Passive Information Gathering (OSINT)
- Wireshark Fundamentals
- Windows Active Directory
- Active Information Gathering
- Vulnerability Identification & Analysis
- Common Services, Threats, and Attacks
Agenda – Day 2
- IPv6 Overview
- IDS/IPS Tools
- Windows Forensics
- Incident Handling & Response
- Threat Hunting
- Security Onion
- Capture the Flag (CTF)
Mr. Tyrone E. Wilson is an information security professional with 23 years of experience in information technology and systems configuration, including information systems and network security. Wilson also has extensive knowledge in computer network defense, vulnerability assessments, cyber threat analysis, and incident response. As a former cybersecurity analyst for the United States Army, Wilson developed security structures to ensure American intelligence systems were protected from foreign threats. Currently, Wilson is the Founder and President of Cover6 Solutions, LLC; which teaches companies and professionals various aspects of information security, penetration testing, and IPv6.
Wilson is also the organizer of The D.C. Cyber Security Professionals. With over 7,000 members, it is the largest #Cybersecurity meetup group in the United States. In addition, Wilson is also on the Review Board of BSides NoVA and Howard University and has recently presented and/or taught classes at major conferences and events such as BSidesNoVA 2019, BSidesDC 2018, ISACA GWDC Cybersecurity & Risk Conference, ISSA Mid Atlantic Security Conference, BSides NoVA 2017, BSides DC 2017, and DCCyberWeek 2017. Wilson was also a Keynote Speaker at the Hacker Halted 2019.
Tyrone E. Wilson
Founder & President
CEH, Security+, Network+
- Knowledge of operating systems along with ports and protocols are very helpful.
- Materials to Read Ahead: It is HIGHLY SUGGESTED that you read the background information provided in this link to have a successful Cover6 Solutions training experience – https://www.cover6solutions.com/read-ahead/.
- To have an enjoyable hardware experience, we suggest the following:
- Processor – 64-bit i5 or higher
- RAM – 8 GB or higher
- Memory – 40 GB or higher
- Operating System – this is your choice if you are comfortable
- Twice. Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EDT.
- Yes, we have mapped our training to the CompTIA CySA+ Exam Objectives.
- Yes, but in a good way that will grow your skills. We recommend coming with a VERY open mind to the material and other participants so that the learning experience is a positive and enjoyable one. We encourage questions and getting to know other professionals who are also enrolled in the training.
- Yes. 16 CEUs are available for this course.
- Yes. Additionally, all alumni receive a 20% discount after completion of their first Cover6 training. We also have an affiliate program that allows you to earn cash by sharing links to Cover6 products.
- As always, it is up to you to “get” the job. However, Cover6 Solutions has built a platform that will assist you with very viable knowledge that can be used on the job. In addition, we can assist you with resume services to showcase and enhance your newly acquired skills.
- Absolutely! Our relationship does not end with this training. All alumni are treated like family and we will do all we can to ensure you become a successful security professional.
- A survey will be sent out during and after the training for you to provide your questions, comments and concerns.