Today the demand for cybersecurity professionals has never been higher, and the need for skilled defensive (blue team) analysts is especially urgent. At Cover6 we will provide the training you need to find your place in cyber. We focus on the fundamentals of network defense through real-world, hands-on instruction, and our workshop will offer you a path to a successful career as a Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst.
SOC Analysts are highly sought-after professionals who identify compromised machines and respond to malicious activity. They use defensive security skills and techniques while working to mitigate any damage that may have occurred.
Our Virtual SOC Analyst Prep Workshop offers a comprehensive introduction to defensive tactics, techniques, and procedures. Students will learn various strategies to help defend against several attack scenarios.
A few of the tools and technologies that participants will explore include; Security Onion, Wireshark, Splunk, and Nessus. Also, our course is designed to help you prepare for the CySA+ exam and reflects the current exam objectives.
In this workshop students will:
- Analyze .pcap files and logs to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOC’s)
- Perform various incident handling and response procedures
- Use tools to implement initial threat hunting techniques
- Be prepared to work in a SOC on day 1
Mr. Tyrone E. Wilson is a passionate information security professional with 24 years of experience in information technology and has a mission to improve as many lives as possible through education in cybersecurity. Wilson also has extensive knowledge in computer network defense, vulnerability assessments, cyber threat analysis, and incident response. Currently, Wilson is the Founder and President of Cover6 Solutions, LLC; which teaches companies and professionals various aspects of information security, penetration testing, and IPv6.
Wilson is also the organizer of The D.C. Cyber Security Professionals. With over 8,500 members, it is the largest #Cybersecurity meetup group in the United States. In addition, Wilson is also on the Review Board of BSides NoVA, Howard University, and Hacker Halted and has presented and/or taught classes at many of the major tech conferences.
Tyrone E. Wilson
Founder & President
Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CEH Master, eJPT
- Knowledge of operating systems along with ports and protocols are very helpful.
- Materials to Read Ahead: It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you read the background information provided in this link to have a successful Cover6 Solutions training experience – https://www.cover6solutions.com/read-ahead/.
- For the optimal workshop experience, we suggest the following:
- Processor – 64-bit i5 or higher
- RAM – 8 GB or higher
- Memory – 40 GB or higher
- Operating System – please use whatever OS you are comfortable with
- Every Tuesday & Thursday from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM Eastern..
- Yes, all sessions are recorded and placed on the website for easy access.
- Yes, we have mapped our training to the CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-0002) Exam Objectives.
- Yes, but in a good way that will grow your skills. We recommend coming with a VERY open mind to the material and other participants so that the learning experience is a positive and enjoyable one. We encourage questions and getting to know other professionals who are also enrolled in the training.
- Yes. 12 CEUs are available for this course.
- Yes. Additionally, all alumni receive a 10% discount on a future course after completion of their first Cover6 training.
- As always, it is up to you to “get” the job. However, Cover6 Solutions has built a platform that will assist you with very viable knowledge that can be used on the job. In addition, we can assist you with resume services to showcase and enhance your newly acquired skills.
- Absolutely! Our relationship does not end with this training. All alumni are treated like family and we will do all we can to ensure you become a successful security professional.