Have you ever wanted to learn about what it takes to be a Penetration Tester? Does taking a hands-on practical exam make you nervous? We are here to help you get past that.
Over five weeks (every Tuesday from 6-9 PM ET), our hands-on “Live” workshop will provide what it takes to begin your journey as a successful #Pentester. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned professional, this training will teach you offensive techniques to improve your pentesting skills all while making you a better defender.
Throughout the course, we will address and discuss various penetration testing topics, tools, technologies, and methodologies that are commonly used in the industry. By no means are the course and its objectives all-encompassing. As a participant, it is highly recommended that you perform additional research and self-study to continue and maintain your established knowledge and toolkit.
The provided content is listed below as a guide for the course and is subject to change. We appreciate your support and hope that you enjoy the training. We look forward to your participation and feedback as well.
If you have any additional questions outside of the FAQs, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
This course is tailored to assist with the preparation for all offensive (practical) exams. It also includes the five primary exam objectives for the CompTIA Pentest+ Certification which are:
- Planning and Scoping
- Information Gathering and Vulnerability Identification
- Attacks and Exploits
- Penetration Testing Tools
- Reporting and Communication
Note: This is NOT an official CompTIA Training but but rather preparation for real scenarios you may encounter in pentesting engagements or on the Pentest+ exam. Various tools, techniques and procedures will be covered thus those listed are just examples and are not limited to only those, as material is subject to change.
Agenda: Day 1
- Pentesting Overview & Methodolgies
- Pentest Lab Setup
- Passive Information Gathering
- Common Services, Threats & Attacks
Agenda: Day 2
- Active Information Gathering
- IPv6 Enumeration & Attacks
- Vulnerability Identification & Analysis
Agenda: Day 3
- Password Attacks
- Post Exploitation
- Privilege Escalation
Agenda: Day 4
- Web Application Testing
Agenda: Day 5
- Buffer Overflows
- Capture the Flag (CTF)
Mr. Tyrone E. Wilson is a passionate information security professional with 24 years of experience in information technology and has a mission to improve as many lives as possible through education in cybersecurity. Wilson also has extensive knowledge in computer network defense, vulnerability assessments, cyber threat analysis, and incident response. As a former cybersecurity analyst for the United States Army, Wilson developed security structures to ensure American intelligence systems were protected from foreign threats. Currently, Wilson is the Founder and President of Cover6 Solutions, LLC; which teaches companies and professionals various aspects of information security, penetration testing, and IPv6.
Wilson is also the organizer of The D.C. Cyber Security Professionals. With over 7,000 members, it is the largest #Cybersecurity meetup group in the United States. In addition, Wilson is also on the Review Board of BSides NoVA and Howard University and has recently presented and/or taught classes at major conferences and events such as BSidesNoVA 2020, BSidesNoVA 2019, BSidesDC 2018, ISACA GWDC Cybersecurity & Risk Conference, ISSA Mid Atlantic Security Conference, BSides NoVA 2017, BSides DC 2017, and DCCyberWeek 2017. Wilson was also a Keynote Speaker at the Hacker Halted 2019.
Tyrone E. Wilson
Founder & President
Net+, Sec+, eJPT, CEH Master
- Knowledge of operating systems, ports, and protocols is very helpful.
- Materials to Read Ahead: It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you read the background information provided in this link to have a successful Cover6 Solutions training experience – https://www.cover6solutions.com/read-ahead/.
- To have an enjoyable hardware experience, we suggest the following:
- Processor – 64-bit i5 or higher
- RAM – 8 GB or higher
- Memory – 40 GB or higher
- Operating System – this is your choice if you are comfortable
- On-site – Saturday & Sunday from 9 AM – 5 PM EST.
- Virtual – Every Tuesday & Thursday from 6-9 PM EST for 3 weeks.
- Yes, all sessions are recorded and placed on the website for easy access.
- Yes, but in a good way that will grow your skills. We recommend coming to class with a VERY open mind to the material and other participants so that the learning experience is a positive and enjoyable one. We encourage questions and getting to know other professionals who are also enrolled in the training.
- Yes. 18 CEUs are available for this course.
- Yes. Additionally, all alumni receive a 10% discount after completion of their first Cover6 training.
- Students who have previously taken a Pentester Prep Workshop receive a 50% discount.
- As always, it is up to you to “get” the job. However, Cover6 Solutions has built a platform that will assist you with viable knowledge that can be used on the job. In addition, we can assist you with resume services to showcase and enhance your newly acquired skills.
- Absolutely! Our relationship does not end with this training. All alumni are treated like family and we will do all we can to ensure you become a successful security professional.
- You can either leave a review here using the “Reviews” tab, or on Google Reviews, or Yelp.