Your focus will be on the growth and development of the Professional Services organization. The Lead Resource Capacity Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage resourcing for all potential and assigned projects. This position requires that the individual be the liaison among the Professional Services organization Delivery Leaders related to resourcing across all work. The Resource Manager also works directly with Talent Acquisition and HR to facilitate appropriate staffing across the department based on an aggregate understanding of project requirements. The Resource Manager must also ensure that project resourcing is managed to provide timely delivery and communicate to appropriate Project Managers any resourcing issues that may impact scheduled deadlines. It is also required that this position enforce company processes by utilizing and requesting all Project Managers use proper procedures when requesting resources.
You will focus on deepening resource and capacity management expertise, building rationale for decisions, and effectively communicating solutions:
- Act as point of contact for resource booking confirmation, conflict resolution, and development of solutions in support of business goals.
- Assist with managing and increasing utilization numbers on the Professional Services team.
- Manage and resolves resource booking conflicts.
- Build, maintain, and communicate resource forecasts.
- Assesses current resourcing requirements/plans to establish gaps or improvements for future resourcing needs
- Run weekly resource meetings and facilitate resourcing issues/conflict resolution with Professional Services and appropriate department heads.
- Maximize both utilization and profitability of assigned team of resources billable time
- Work with Professional Services Practice Leaders and Project Managers to identify applicable resource requirements for each account and project.
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing.
- Monitor day to day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of underutilization and actively work with the Practice Leaders to address and solve those issues.
- Work to resolve any issues regarding under or over allocations of current staff members.
- Receive, analyze, and report on weekly utilization reports to the Professional Services Management team.
- Alert Senior Management team of any potential concerns or issues with meeting key client deliverables due to resourcing.
- Work with departments to resource and assist in the identification and management of vendors and facilitate initial discussions necessary to meet specific project requirements.
- Identify potential resourcing or process issues and present to the Professional Services Management team to resolve such matters where applicable; Recommend process improvements for Resource Management.
- Attend weekly resource calls and manage the collaboration process with other departments or practice to share resources on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for managing overall capability area utilization.
What we are looking for:
You’re highly analytical and have an eye for detail and accuracy. Making sense of quantitative data is a real strength of yours, and you manage to synthesize complex information into easily understood insights. People look to you to solve problems and dig deep into issues. You’re more than equipped to build strong, lasting, trusting relationships. People trust you and come to you for advice.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Understanding of Professional Services
Even better if you have:
- Resource Management Certified Professional
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in consulting
- Experience in project management
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com