Summer Cyber Camp 2020 | Cover6 Solutions
Our summer cybersecurity camp introduces the fundamentals of information/offensive security to high school students & early college enrollees. #SummerCyberCamp
Due to the threat of the Coronavirus causing schools to close, we have decided to start our summer program early. We’ve also decided to offer a highly affordable virtual option.
You have most likely heard the expression ‘it’s never too late…’
In this case, it’s never too early! If you are in high school or early college and interested in a cybersecurity career, this camp is perfect for you!
This summer program teaches the fundamentals of cybersecurity to Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors in High School. There will be a wide variety of topics that will be covered, from the basics of the standard computer and network services to network defense and exploitation.
Students learn about some of the most common industry tools through engaging discussions and hands-on lessons.
We will also:
- Cover the powerful tools used by both attackers and defenders.
- Provide insight into how cyber attackers think, strategize, and execute hacks.
- Explore popular attack techniques and how to defend against them.
- Encourage interpersonal skills through personal and group presentations.
- Provide tasks and challenges to keep students engaged for the entire summer.
Who Should Attend?
We understand that as high school students, you may not have had real hands-on experience in cybersecurity. Because of this very reason, we have created this program to be an interactive learning environment to enhance your skills!
We foster a fun, collaborative, and open environment where we embrace trial and error, encourage creative thinking, and we treat failures as learning tools.
For those with little or no experience, this is a significant first step in your cybersecurity career!
Agenda – Week 1
- Home Lab Setup
- Passive Information Gathering
- Windows & Linux OS Familiarization
- Common Services, Threats & Attacks
Agenda – Week 2
- Internet Safety
- Active Information Gathering
- Vulnerability Identification & Analysis
- IPv6 Overview
Agenda – Week 3
- Wireshark Fundamentals
- The Metasploit Framework
- Post Exploitation
Agenda – Week 4
- Windows Forensics
- IDS / IPS Tools
- Incident Handling & Response
- Threat Hunting
Agenda – Week 5
- Tools of the Trade
- Capture the Flag (CTF)
Mr. Tyrone E. Wilson is a passionate information security professional with 24 years of experience in information technology and has a mission to improve as many lives as possible through education in cybersecurity. Wilson also has extensive knowledge in computer network defense, vulnerability assessments, cyber threat analysis, and incident response. As a former cybersecurity analyst for the United States Army, Wilson developed security structures to ensure American intelligence systems were protected from foreign threats. Currently, Wilson is the Founder and President of Cover6 Solutions, LLC; which teaches companies and professionals various aspects of information security, penetration testing, and IPv6.
Wilson is also the organizer of The D.C. Cyber Security Professionals. With over 8,000 members, it is the largest #Cybersecurity meetup group in the United States. In addition, Wilson is also on the Review Board of BSides NoVA and Howard University and has recently presented and/or taught classes at major conferences and events such as BSidesNoVA 2020, BSidesNoVA 2019, BSidesDC 2018, ISACA GWDC Cybersecurity & Risk Conference, ISSA Mid Atlantic Security Conference, BSides NoVA 2017, BSides DC 2017, and DCCyberWeek 2017. Wilson was also a Keynote Speaker at the Hacker Halted 2019.
- Knowledge of operating systems along with ports and protocols are very helpful.
- Materials to Read Ahead: It is HIGHLY SUGGESTED that you read the background information provided in this link to have a successful Cover6 Solutions training experience – https://www.cover6solutions.com/read-ahead/.
- To have an enjoyable hardware experience, we suggest the following:
- Processor – 64-bit i5 or higher
- RAM – 8 GB or higher
- Memory – 40 GB or higher
- Operating System – this is your choice if you are comfortable
- Every day from 9 AM – 3 PM EST for 5 days.
- Yes, but in a good way that will grow your skills. We recommend coming with a VERY open mind to the material and other participants so that the learning experience is a positive and enjoyable one. We encourage questions and getting to know other professionals who are also enrolled in the training.
- Yes. 16 CEUs are available for this course.
- Yes. Additionally, all alumni receive a 20% discount after completion of their first Cover6 training. We also have an affiliate program that allows you to earn cash by sharing links to Cover6 products.
- As always, it is up to you to “get” the job. However, Cover6 Solutions has built a platform that will assist you with very viable knowledge that can be used on the job. In addition, we can assist you with resume services to showcase and enhance your newly acquired skills.
- Absolutely! Our relationship does not end with this training. All alumni are treated like family and we will do all we can to ensure you become a successful security professional.
- A survey will be sent out during and after the training for you to provide your questions, comments and concerns.